Scale Your Agency with Ice Cold Leads – E84
Reach your ideal prospects wherever they hang out – via LinkedIn or cold email or any other channel – and scale your consulting agency. Mandi Ellefson shares the five variables that make cold outreach work in this solo episode of Hands-Off CEO.
- Use direct outreach to make money quickly if you’re in a bind and need to bring in more clients. It’s a good strategy to use as you build up your company, when you need to test new offers, or when you’re pivoting your company. [3:04]
- “We want to move away from reliance on referrals.” Mandi says. Referrals are great, but they bring challenges that make it very difficult for your company to be sustainable if they are the only lead source that you have. “I would look at referrals as being a way to… target the right prospects and get them further up the funnel.” [4:40]
- The five variables you need to make cold outreach work are targeting, an attention grabbing hook, a compelling, nurturing process to educate and build desire, an irresistible offer, and a qualification process that paints an expansive vision. [6:45]
- Managing cold traffic goes through three phases: attracting, nurturing, and closing. [9:37]
- Mandi describes the ideal executive briefing. “[It’s] an opportunity for you to help your prospects understand their problem at a deeper level than they could on their own and show them an alternative way to… generate much better results.” [14:26]