Making Hard Calls and Creating Space to Grow – E8
Is your business earning to grow or to get by? It’s time to draw the line between scaling and settling. Today’s episode is for high performers who are struggling to keep up and increase their revenue. Mandi shares how you can find confidence when making the right business decisions and why the limit to your success is often rooted in how many hours you have.
- Isn’t it frustrating when you devote so much time and effort, but it’s only enough to get the payroll rolling? You need to have profitable clients, but you’re stuck with the bare minimum. How do you change this and start seeing more dollars? Mandi talks about the role that planning and vision setting play in scaling your business. She offers some excellent action steps to help you scale your business confidently.
- Create space to grow your business. For your business to flourish, there needs to be space to grow. Sometimes, all it takes to see the big picture is to step back and find the right angle. This could mean letting go of an underperforming employee or an underpaying client. Although some might see it as a setback, it will benefit the organization in the long run. Essentially, you’re making room to grow.
- Set your vision and be specific. You’ll need a macro-vision, the fundamental factors that make your vision. Then you need your micro-vision, which involves hyper-focused standards and goals. If you are vague, you’ll find it harder to be decisive when it really counts.
- Understand what you don’t want. The things we don’t want, we can use as a benchmark to improve the whole business experience. Honoring what we don’t want allows us to anticipate, prepare, and avoid worst case scenarios.
- Identify what you want. It’s easy to know what we don’t want, but it’s hard to believe what we DO want is possible. Think about it. If you knew what you wanted was possible, then you’d be taking action to reach it and make it a reality. You wouldn’t give it a second thought.
- Make decisions aligned with your vision. Align your decisions with your vision to streamline the decision-making process. By doing so, the vision becomes an organizational standard, making it easier for you and your employees to take decisive action.
- Take inspired action. Action taken in light of inspiration allows you to take quantum leaps forward in your business. When you’re inspired, you’re excited – this pushes you to grow your business even further.
Want to get more done in less time?
Mandi is offering her client-exclusive Find Time Now planners for FREE. These planners will help you save big chunks of time every day to invest in growing your business instead of working in it.